Call for Papers: National Conference Cum Research Workshop on Technology, Innovation and Social Change
Aug 16, 2012 12:30 PM
Aug 18, 2012 12:30 PM
|Contact Name||Dr. Rama Krishna Reddy Kummitha|
|Add event to calendar||
The Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, Tata Institute of Social Sciences is organising a three day National Conference cum Research Workshop on "Technology, Innovation and Social Change" during 16-18 August, 2012. The aim of the Conference is to provide a platform to academicians, policy makers and practitioners from multiple disciplines for debating and deliberating on social change that is encompassed by innovation and technology.
[ Read More ]
The proposed Workshop cum Conference will throw light on nature, significance as well as relationship among technology, innovation and social change. We submit the following research questions to kick-start the process. These questions are indicative in nature and must not limit creative participation of scholars, practitioners and policy makers to add to the list.
- What is the role of technology in social change?
- Are there specific technologies that have boosted enterprises and provide space for experimentation?
- What kind of capabilities our research and educational institutions must develop to produce new technologies?
- What kind of technologies exists and deployed for the grassroots?
- What are the enterprises and models and how are they working to transfer technologies for social transformation?
- What is the role of leadership for deployment of technology in bringing social change?
- What are innovative practices (formal and informal) that have resulted in producing new technologies with social mission?
- Is Corporate Social Responsibility fostering social change?
- What is the role of Government in promoting ‘technology for social change’?
- Are there traditional knowledge and technologies fostered by communities for their own well being? How do they operate?
- What are the technological inventions that have changed the social orgnanisations?
We invite papers, both theoretical and empirical, that address one or more research questions mentioned above. Authors can also send papers on other related research questions.
- Authors must submit an abstract in about 500 words explaining the intent for participation, research question and research plan to Dr. Rama Krishna Reddy Kummitha on his email id firstname.lastname@example.org not later than May 31, 2012.
- Authors of the selected paper presenters will have to pay a nominal registration fee of Rs. 1000 to attend the Workshop cum Conference which will include conference kit, lunch and a gala dinner.
- The abstract must also contain authors’ names, institutional affiliations, email and postal address. Authors will be notified of acceptance or otherwise by June 15, 2012.
- Though this workshop and conference does not aim to reject proposal, relevance of papers, quality of research question and robust methodology would be the critical parameters for including the papers in the Conference.
- Selected papers will also be encouraged to be presented before an international audience during the International Conference to be organized by TISS in the month of January, 2013. Such papers will have high potential for publication in reputed journals.
The last date for submission of selected full papers will be July 15, 2012.
Limited non-ac accommodation will be available in TISS Guest House on twin-sharing basis @ Rs. 500 per participant per day on first come first serve basis. Participants will be required to book the accommodation by making an advance payment on or before June 15, 2012.
- Archibugi, D., B.-A° & Lundvall (Eds.) (2001). The Globalising Learning Economy. Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, Oxford.
- Widdus, R. & White, K. (2004). Combating Diseases Associated with Poverty: Financing Strategies for Product Development and the Potential Role of Public-Private Partnerships, August 2004.