Back to Schools
Executive Post-Graduate Diploma in Innovative CSR (EPGDICSR)
Program Scope and Benefit:
CSR in India is emerging as a tool for economic and social value creation by integrating CSR with corporate strategy. Increasing pressure from various stakeholder groups is also leading the companies to look into the discourse of sustainability with a strategic focus. Indian companies are now set to move forward to see CSR beyond employee welfare and charity. In light of the Company Act, 2013, CSR strategy has to undergo a significant shift. CSR needs to be treated as part of Corporate Entrepreneurship. Adopting an entrepreneurial approach to CSR helps the companies to find solutions to social problems through innovation and creativity by bringing CSR as part of its core business process.
Executive Programme in Innovative CSR will adopt an entrepreneurial approach for the design and implementation of CSR and Sustainable Development initiatives by the companies. The programme targets professionals working in corporate, government and non-governmental organizations. Bringing together the interdisciplinary themes in economics, development, social policy, entrepreneurship and business management, the Executive Programme is designed to provide an interdisciplinary perspective on CSR and emerging models in CSR practices across business enterprises. The programme will enable the participants to better understand sustainability challenges, drivers and tools and approaches to CSR and sustainable development. Participants will learn the socio-economic barriers and drivers that lead to poverty and hunger, gender inequality and violation of human rights and environmental issues and see how business can progressively contribute to dealing with such development challenges through innovation and creativity.
The Programme will equip the students to have -
o A theoretical and philosophical perspective in CSR.
o Inter-disciplinary perspectives on sustainable development challenges, its drivers, tools, and approaches.
o A perspective on innovation and entrepreneurship in the design of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development initiatives.
o Skilled in applying an entrepreneurial approach to CSR and sustainable development initiatives.
o Ability to design innovative solutions in the areas of economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
o Define and developing the strategies which underpin a company’s CSR objectives.
o Developed the capacity in implementing CSR programme
o Developed the capacity in applying the principles and standards for sustainability assessment and reporting.
The program will help fill the gap that exists in the country for learned and trained CSR Professionals in the Development Sector of the country. The course, apart from offering the rich training materials, will also provide a credible certificate, which could be a testimony to the specialization of the students. The practical insights gained from a course like this, as well as the continuous assessment and networking with the industry experts, may help the participants to enhance their career prospects as –
· Trained CSR Professionals for Private and Public Sector Companies
· Trained CSR Professionals for Voluntary Sector such as NGOs or Social Institutions.
· Gain experience and promotion in the job for CSR and Development Sector Professionals
· Build an academic background in the subject
1) Executive Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Innovative CSR (EPGDICSR)
2) Advanced Certificate Programme in Innovative CSR (ACPICSR)
3) Certificate Programme in Innovative CSR (CPICSR)
Target Audience -
· Graduates in any discipline with three years of experience in the Corporate, Government or Non-Governmental Organizations
· Practicing CSR Professionals
Comparative Outlook of Three Programmes -
Executive Post-Graduate Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship (EPGDSE)
The role of Entrepreneurship in the economic growth and standard of living of any country is widely discussed and accepted. An entrepreneur does not work hard only to build his/her own business and provide for his/her family but an entrepreneur, actually, does a whole lot more for his/her local community, state, region, and the country as a whole. Whereas, the role of a social entrepreneur has a further extension to its functional relevance where the entrepreneurs attempt to directly address a gaping challenge in society. The field of social entrepreneurship has continuously gained a wider space in discussion and practice in recent years as a complementary arm to the State. The Centre for Social Entrepreneurship at TISS has been the pioneering institution in creating the subject knowledge and practicing the contours of social entrepreneurship in the country.
Thus, presenting an Executive Post-Graduate Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship where participants from different disciplines and from across various sectors would learn about social entrepreneurship and be sensitized to consider the consequences of their decisions on the social and environmental concerns. The programme will address issues like inclusive growth, social security and carbon footprint to create a lasting impact on the decision dynamics of the social entrepreneurs and professional managers. The participants would learn the basics of addressing the pressing issues entrepreneurially while building a sustainable business. Briefly, the participants will benefit by -
• Learning the basics of Social Entrepreneurship
• Learning the basics of venture creation
• Learning the key tools for managing a business
• A platform where participants will learn from each other, and,
• By co-creating an ecosystem of support to sustainable social venture creation process which will have a lasting social and environmental impact
The program participants will have the following career prospects:
· Upward career enhancement for working Development professionals
· Academic base for students, researchers, and policy-makers alike
· Entry to entrepreneurial eco-system for budding entrepreneurs
Programmes Offered -
1) Executive Post Graduate Diploma Programme in Social Entrepreneurship (EPGDSE)
2) Advanced Certificate Programme in Social Entrepreneurship (ACPSE)
3) Certificate Programme in Social Entrepreneurship (CPSE)
Comparative Outlook of Three Programmes -
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser