, Mumbai campus
B.Sc., B.Ed., M.S.W. (Nagpur), Ph.D.
Dr. Saigita Chitturu has over twenty years of work experience in Teaching, Training, Research& Development and Liasoning work. She is a trained Social Worker from M.S.S. College, Nagpur with Criminology and Correctional Administratrion as her specialization.Before joining TISS she has worked with Tata Memorial Hospital, Aga Khan Educationa Service, India & Sophia Women Studies Centre, Sophia College.
She joined TISS in the Training Orientation & Research Department, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports as a faculty in the year 2006.She organized and trained several NSS Programme Officers of Maharashtra and Goa during this time. Later, in 2011, she shifted to the Centre for Lifelong, TISS.
She has developed many programmes and courses in her lifetime like Diploma Course in 'Youth Development and Social Change', ODL Diploma programme in Youth leadership and Social Change for TISS, Certificate in Participatory Training Methodology for Social Development, Certificate Course in 'Social Work' for Sophia College, Mumbai University. Perspectives in Lifelong Learning” for Mphil degree at TISS.
She has also developed several compendiums based on Youth Issues, Leadership, Identity,Family, Crime, Training Methodology for TISS and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
She has received Gold Medal from college in her under graduation from Nagpur University. She was bestowed with ' Bharat Vikas Award"for her contribution to the work of Youth leadership by Institute of Self Reliant, Bhubaneshwar.
She also received Educator Excellence Award,2020 from Vedant Foundation, Rajkot for her contribution to Education and Teaching.
Issues of Youth
Prevention of Youth Crime
Articles in Journals
1. Book Review: Communication and Empowerment of Women Strategies ,Urdhva Mula, 2 (1), 219- 223, July 2004. .
2. National Service Scheme, An Instrument of Social Work, Indian Journal of Youth Affairs,vol no 12 (1),1-4, January-June 2008.
3. An Evaluation Study of National Service Scheme in India, IJSW, 71(3), 417-431, July 2010.
Issues of Elderly Women: A Study of M-East Ward, Mumbai', Indian Journal of Social Work, 79(1), 99- 118, January 2018
4. Lifelong Learning Departments in Indian Institutions of Higher Education: A Status Review, International Journal of Continuing Education and Lifelong Learning, 8 (2), 67- 84, May 2016.
5. Role, Relevance and Issues of Age-Friendly Environment in Older Age, Indian Journal of Gerontology, 32 (1), 91- 102, 2018.
6. Linking Lifelong Learning to SDG's- Bridging gaps with Knowledge and Skills, Quest in Education, 4. XXXXIII (1), 17-28, January 2018,
7. Issues of Elderly Women: A Study of M-East Ward, Mumbai', Indian Journal of Social Work, 79(1), 99- 118, January 2018.
8. Book Review “Technology and the Disruption of Higher Education” in IJSW January 2019 issue (Volume 80, Issue 1).
9. Chitturu S. (2020) Older Women and Health Inequality. In: Leal Filho W., Azul A., Brandli L., Lange Salvia A., Wall T. (eds) Gender Equality. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70060-1_67-1.
E Content Writing- 2 Field work related content for E-Pathshala, MHRD
10. Edited Book- Youth & India's Sustainable Development Goals published by Vitasta Publication, New Delhi, 2021.
11.Nasreen Rustomfram, , Saigita Chitturu, , Nilesh Kumar, Indian Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, ISSN 2347-324X Volume 8, Number 1 (2020), pp. 11- 27.
12. Chitturu Saigita (2020);Best Practices in Teaching Learning-Bringing quality education to classrooms,Recent Trends, Volume 7, Issue 4, pp 1-7
1.An Evaluation Study of NSS Scheme in India, for XIth Five Year Plan, funded by Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, 2009.
2. Role of NSS in Community Development in Maharashtra and Goa: An Assessment-sponsored by Board of Research Studies, 2010
3.Status Review of Lifelong Learning Departments in India Sponsored by CLL, TISS,2011
4.Problems of Elderly Women : A Study of M-East Ward, Mumbai, sponsored by Research board, TISS
5. Youth Development and Social Change- A Study of Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) Volunteers of Maharashtra State, 2017.
6. Certificate in Youth Development and Social Change- A project was run across 35 districts of Mahrashtra & Goa through NYKS,Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports..
7. Exploring Experiences of Identity formation amongst Young Students, 2019
Diploma in Youth Leadership and Social Change
Diploma in Gerontology
Certificate programme iin Participatory Training Methodology for Social Development.
Foundation Course in Youth Leaderhip and People Skills
PG Diploma in Counselling
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser