, Mumbai campus
M.A. in Social Work (CSRD, ISWR)M.Phil. (TISS, Mumbai)Ph.D. (TISS, Mumbai)
Melody Kshetrimayum teaches Qualitative Research Methods and Academic Writing. She is also the Online Manager of the digital version of the Indian Journal of Social Work. She coordinates for the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR)-Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of TISS. She works on women empowerment, informal credit institutions, indigenous institutions, indigenous social work, social work research. Melody Kshetrimayum has worked as a Co- Principal Investigator, Research Officer in Research Projects, and a Project Coordinator in a Mumbai-based NGO. She conducts academic writing workshops for MPhil/PhD scholars. She has more than 10 publications including research articles, book chapters, and working paper. She has co-edited a Special Issue of the British Journal of Social Work, titled, ‘'Social work's active engagement in social policy making’ that will be published in 2021.
Melody Kshetrimayum has a Doctorate in Social Work from the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
1. Surinder Jaswal and Melody Kshetrimayum. 2020. Social Work and the Changing Context: Engagement in Policymaking, The British Journal of Social Work, Vol. 50 (8): 2253–2260. Link: https://academic.oup.com/bjsw/article-abstract/50/8/2253/6119976.
2. Surinder Jaswal and Melody Kshetrimayum. 2018. Scope of Social Work Profession: Challenges Ahead, In S. M. Sajid and Rashmi Jain (eds): Reflections on Social Work Profession, New Delhi: Bloomsbury, 2018. Link: https://www.bloomsbury.com/in/reflections-on-social-work-profession-9789387863071/
3. Melody Kshetrimayum. 2018. Politics of Dominance in Meitei Society, Economic and Political Weekly, 53 (4): 26-28. Link: https://www.epw.in/author/melody-kshetrimayum
4. Melody Kshetrimayum. 2017. Tracing the Evolution of Marup in Manipur Valley, Sociological Bulletin, 66 (3): 1-14. Link: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0038022917727080?journalCode=soba
5. Melody Kshetrimayum. 2016. Rotating Savings and Credit Associations: An Important Space for Social Work Practice, The Indian Journal of Social Work, 77 (3): 311-322. Link: https://journals.tiss.edu/ijsw/index.php/ijsw/article/view/83
6. Melody Kshetrimayum. 2016. Microfinance for Poverty Alleviation: Analysis of clients’ perspectives and changes in theirlives in the state of Manipur, India, In Jayadev M. and Diatha Krishna Sundar (eds): Changing Contours of Microfinance inIndia. Oxon: Routledge. https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=OkEnDAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq=info:06fDyMNZEMgJ:scholar.google.com&ots=2xw3x92WWF&sig=2bSTXgeftK8CA1Sb_LlMj8jwH4Q&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
7. Melody Kshetrimayum. 2013. Marup (Meitei Rotating Credit Institution): A Livelihood Strategy of Meitei Women, The Indian Journal of Social Work. 74 (3/4): 433-441. Link: https://journals.tiss.edu/archive/index.php/ijswarchive/issue/view/346
1. Impact Assessment of Primary Prevention of Sexual Violence (PPPSV) Program of KEM Hospital Research Centre, Pune (Sanctioned).
2. Death and Bereavement Practices: A Study of Death Rituals in India, April 2017-March 2018 (Completed).
3. Doctoral Works in Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai: A Contextual Analysis of Social Work Theses from 1967 to 2014, July 2014- February 2015 (Status- Completed).
Coordinating the online version of the Indian Journal of Social Work (IJSW)
Coordinating Schools, Centres and Departments of the institute for the AQAR- IQAC.
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser