, Guwahati campus
B.Sc., M.A., M.Phil. (University of Hydrabad), NET (UGC),Ph.D. (University of Hyderabad)
Have been teaching at TISS-Guwahati since 2011.
Currently teaches at the Centre for Sociology and Social Anthropology and at the Centre for Undergraduate Studies, TISS Guwahati.
Anthropology of religion
Kinship and society
Culture and communication
Pastoral nomadic communities
Journal article/book chapter
1. "Those Pleasant green mountains: Memories of migration, place and the environment of pastoral nomadic Gujjars of Jammu and Kashmir" (Oct 2015), in The Eastern Anthropologist, Vol. 68, No.2-3, pp. 299-312, April-September 2015.
2. "Exploring the 'subjectivity' experiences among the Gujjars of Jammu and Kashmir, India" (April 2016) in Vulli Dhanaraju (ed), The Idea of Caste, New Delhi: Dominant Publishers, pp.95-111, ISBN 978-93-84207-08-3.
Will be updated soon...
1. Sociological and Anthropological Concepts
2. Indian Society
3. Human Rights: Perspectives and Significance
4. Diversities in Families and Communities (B.Voc)
1. Understanding Society: Basic Concepts (Foundation course)
2. Introduction to Issues in the Northeast (Foundation course)
3. Marriage, Family and Kinship (MA Sociology and Social Anthropology)
4. Indian Society (MA Sociology and Social Anthropology)
5. Religion and Society (MA Sociology and Social Anthropology)
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser