, Guwahati campus
B.Sc., M.A., M.Phil. (University of Hydrabad), NET (UGC),Ph.D. (University of Hyderabad)
Teaching at TISS-Guwahati since 2011.
Anthropology of religion
Kinship and society
Culture and communication
Journal article/book chapter
1. "Those Pleasant green mountains: Memories of migration, place and the environment of a pastoral nomadic Gujjars of Jammu and Kashmir" (Oct 2015), in The Eastern Anthropologist, Vol. 68, No.2-3, pp. 299-312, April-September 2015.
2. "Exploring the 'subjectivity' experiences among the Gujjars of Jammu and Kashmir, India" (April 2016) in Vulli Dhanaraju (ed), The Idea of Caste, New Delhi: Dominant Publishers, pp.95-111, ISBN 978-93-84207-08-3.
Will be updated soon...
1. Sociological and Anthropological Concepts (I semester)
2. Human Rights: Perspectives and Significance (VI semester)
3. Diversities in Families and Communities (B.Voc, II semester)
1. Understanding Society: Basic Concepts (Foundation course, I semester)
2. Introduction to Issues in the Northeast (Foundation course, II semester )
3. Marriage, Family and Kinship (MA Sociology and Social Anthropology, I semester)
4. Indian Society II (MA Sociology and Social Anthropology, II semester)
The site works best on Firefox 30+ Google Chrome 45+ iOS Safari 8+ Internet Explorer 10+ Android 4.2+ Browser / Chrome Browser